The Seventh Beacon: They Might Be Giants

Sunday, February 3, 2008

They Might Be Giants

It was an interesting game. I enjoyed the second half far more, because the first half both teams weren't all that impressive. I was rooting for the Giants because they were the underdogs, though a part of me still wanted to see 'history made'.

But the more I think about it, a football season of undefeated wins is hardly history. Sure, it would have been impressive, and sure, the Patriots have an inspiring name on their side. But it wasn't like it was their lives were on the line. It's a game. It's not truly worthy of history. They might have been able to overwhelm the opponent, but they didn't.

Sorry, this is such a downer note, but I have a lot of things in my head that need to be said. I always tend to fall back on politics, and maybe I just can't let myself enjoy the simple pleasures of a football game and leave it at that. I need to defend my accusations of Bush, and it's going to take me a while to compile the laundry list of reasons, of which I think will have no bearing on ears that hear but will not listen. In the meantime, enjoy this food for thought:

1 comment:

Brett said...

146 Americans. Wow... just... wow.

Decision '08 Presidential Results

Michigan '08